Friday, July 07, 2006


Red..!


[It is quite strange to learn
That after such a long time
My soul happens to flicker
Come to life as if it were
A candle being lit

The scent of melted wax
Calming my mind and senses
The shadows dancing across the walls
The candle, the room’s only light

Mesmerised by the candle
Watching the wax drip
Creating patterns
Feeling its heat across
My cold fingers

Hearing the thunder in the next room
Breaking the peacefulness
The candle flickering violently
As a freakish gust snuffs it out
Sitting alone in the darkness
Wondering whether if fate
Can play the same rhythm once more]

Words: Andrea

3 Comments:

Blogger ~*Jappanun*~ said...

WahH~!!!
again a nice one.

Hope abides; therefore I abide.
Countless frustrations have not cowed me.
I am still alive, vibrant with life.
The black cloud will disappear,
The morning sun will appear once again
In all its supernal glory. :p

Fri Jul 07, 08:55:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Saad said...

I am really not that optimistic these days :)

Fri Jul 07, 09:41:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous over a mile said...

Very Dali-esque composition. Love the hues of red. Great photo.

Fri Jul 07, 03:19:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home